The May 31st deadline is rapidly approaching for people to return their completed BE–12 surveys to the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.
These surveys are critical to BEA’s ability to produce statistics on foreign direct investment in the United States. The statistics help policymakers and the general public understand the impact of foreign investment on the U.S. economy.
Therefore, it is vitally important that you waste no time in filling out your survey and getting it to us by the May 31 deadline.
We have a set of resources available to help you on our public Web site at www.bea.gov. From the front page, just click on the tab located on the left-hand side of the screen for information concerning eFile users and BE–12 respondents. Or just click on this link: www.bea.gov/surveys/respondent_be12_be15.htm. From there, you will find:
• A series of online video tutorials that walk you through everything from setting up an eFile password and navigating the eFile system to answering questions on foreign ownership and selecting the appropriate industry classification code.
• A list of frequently asked questions—and their answers—about the various surveys.
• Guides to which survey you need to fill out as well as help sorting through the industry classification system.
• A link to our eFile system.
• PDF versions of the forms and instructions.
• Contact information for additional assistance. You can call 202–606–5615 or email us at email@example.com to connect with one of BEA’s survey experts.