SUITLAND, Md. — Statistics detailing the amount and type of new direct investments made in the United States by foreign investors will be released by the Bureau of Economic Analysis on Wednesday, July 13.
The data will be available in a news release on BEA’s website at 8:30 a.m. eastern time. The statistics cover new direct investments initiated in 2015 and 2014 and will provide information on:
- The total amount of new direct investment foreigners are making in the United States.
- The industries that are drawing new foreign direct investment.
- The states attracting new investments.
- The countries of the foreign owners.
- The type of investment made – creating a new business or acquiring or expanding an existing one.
- “Greenfield” investments – establishments of new U.S. businesses by foreign investors and expansions of already existing foreign-owned businesses.
In addition, this news release will include new state-level statistics on employment and other measures of the operations of newly established, acquired or expanded foreign-owned firms.
Business people, economists, researchers and policymakers can use the data to help them assess the impact of foreign direct investment on the U.S. economy and state economies. The data also help foreign entrepreneurs and others seeking to invest in the United States make informed business decisions. Additionally, the data inform national and state policymakers who shape programs to attract foreign direct investment.